Let’s go over the controls and learn how to use them.
This is the first screen of Hue Thunder
Play a preset by tapping one of the pictures. See and listen what happens (make sure you have some bulbs selected in the Lights tab). Weather and thunder sound with synced lightning effects will start playing. Don’t forget to swipe down for more presets.
To have the best experience we advise you to connect your device to a (bluetooth) speaker or headphones. Hue Thunder has built in delay correction when streaming to Airplay or Bluetooth speakers.
Once you’ve selected a preset, the preset setting screen will show.
On this screen you can adjust the ‘weather’ according to your own liking.
- Lightning brightness: you can brighten or dim the lightning flashes with this slider.
- Thunder occurrence: Use the slider to get more or less thunders within the current preset.
- Sky brightness: adjust the brightness of the lights to brighten or dim the ambient colors in your room. If you want the sky color to be off. Slide the slider all the way to the left.
- Manual sky color: tap the switch and a gradient slider appears. Use the slider to turn the background lights to the color of your choice.
- Dynamic saturation: use this switch to make the background lights shift their saturation slowly.
- Thunder volume: Adjust the volume of the thunder sound. Slide entirely to the left to mute thunder sounds. Only ambient sounds remain audible.
- Ambient sound volume: Adjust the volume of the ambient sound. Slide entirely to the left to mute ambient sounds. Only thunder remain audible.
- Mute all sounds: if you do only want the light effects. Use the switch to mute all sounds.
- Reset to default: the changes you make will be saved. If you want to set the sliders/switches to their original state, tap ‘reset to default’.
Use the play/pause button to start or pause the preset.
Tap the white down arrow in the upper left corner to go back to the main preset screen.
Whenever you’ve dismissed the preset settings screen and a preset is still playing the now playing screen will appear just above the tab bar. Press the white arrow to go back to the preset settings. Press the play/pause button to pause or resume the preset. If you’ve set a sleeptimer the title will also show the remaining time before the app will sleep.
Next to the timer button there is an option menu.
- Find new bridge: This will start the find new bridge flow to find a new or switch to another bridge.
- Stop all: Tap ‘stop all’ to stop all playing effects.
- All selected lights on: Finished using Hue Thunder and all is dark. Quickly put all lights (selected) on.
- All selected lights off: Quickly put all lights (selected) off.
- Send feedback: Have a problem or feature request? Please use this method of contacting us!
- Disable/enable tips: When Hue Thunder launches, startup Tips may appear. Toggle these tips on or off.
TAB BAR ITEMS
The Lights screen show all your lights registered in your Hue Bridge. Select a room by tapping the switch. Or select single lights by tapping their names. Selected lights can be identified by tapping the name of the lights. The actual light will blink when selected to help identify it. Lights not selected will not be touched by Hue Thunder (also not turned off). Use the select all / select none buttons as needed.
Tap the clock in the tab bar to enter the timer menu. Choose a time after which you want Hue Thunder to stop automatically. To cancel the sleep timer. Choose “Off” in this menu.
MORE 4 HUE
Our other apps for Philips Hue, check them out! They are fun.